Amazon Book Reviews
Author: Barb Tobias
Reviewed by: Anne Holmes for the NABBW
Who hasn’t been to – or held — a garage sale? In the United States, they are a spring and summer tradition. They’re usually homespun events held on the weekends, with the homeowners merchandise laid out on tables in a yard, under a tent, or literally in a garage…
Sometimes whole neighborhoods will get into the act, banding together to hold a much larger sale with the hopes of attracting more buyers – and ending up with more profits for all involved.
Personally, I’ve attended only a handful of these sales, and held two of my own, both of which were only marginally successful. So before reading this book, I ‘d never really considered thrifting as anything more than light summer entertainment.
This even though I used to have a neighbor who held monthly garage sales. Observing her, I realized that she couldn’t possibly be limiting herself to merely selling her personal cast-offs – she’d actually turned garage sale-ing into a backyard business. But I still didn’t see the big picture…
In Tossed & Found, Barb Tobias takes you on an amazing journey, sharing tales of treasure; revealing how to clear the clutter from your home and resell it; and uncovering the secrets to decorating and dressing on the cheap – with fantastic results.
Whether you’re a transitioning Baby Boomer or a college student trying to figure out how to furnish your first apartment, you’ll find help in this book which is chock full of photos, lists and tips.
- You’ll learn the differences between garage sales, estate sales, tag sales and demolition sales
- Not to mention discovering how to master buying and selling via flea markets, auctions, consignment stores, swap meets, thrift store chains, and eBay
- You’ll find out how to use Craig’s list and other online services to promote your sale
- And how to earn big bucks holding the best garage sale ever. (Hint: Barb calls her garage sales “Diva Sales,” and she treats all her customers accordingly.)
Best of all, Tobias shares how she’s learned to:
- Decorate a home in a manner that is worthy of a fashion mag layout –at little or no cost
- Build a fabulous wardrobe of designer duds – all purchased for a fraction of their original price
- Develop a system for selling unwanted items – fast
- Stage money-making Diva Sales that turn unwanted items into cash – and
- Live like royalty on a pauper’s budget
In Tossed and Found, author Tobias dishes up a generous plate of intriguing stories pulled from the frugal adventures of a newly thrift-conscious nation, and shows the adventurous reader how to find the treasures beneath the tarnish. Highly recommended.
Contact: Jennifer Seeley FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Diva’s Executive Assistant
Amazon Follows in the Wise Council of America’s “Thrift Talk” Diva
Amazon launches Tossed & Found …with frugal twist!
February 16, 2011
After a lifetime of turning trash into treasure, America’s “Thrift Talk” Diva, Barb Tobias, shares her savvy secrets for creating wealth by shopping smart, finding deals, repurposing before tossing and reconstructing the tattered in her new release Tossed & Found. Her “tell all” book is not only a journey of personal transformation, but teaches a newly frugal nation how to purge, purchase and profit from thrift.
Tossed & Found
Published by Diva Press & Mile High Press
Softcover, 176 pages