Bringing out the beauty in the neglected but cheap treasures that I’ve found at some flea market or garage sale took a little creativity and some doctoring from my Diva Restoration Kit. Over time I have found most of these things from the very garage sales and thrift stores that I frequent.
It has taken me a while to find out which products work best and how and when to use them.
Here is a time saving list of my restoration essentials:
- Old English oil stain (scratch remover) the most wonderful concoction ever!
- Rags and paper towel
- Permanent markers – all colors including gold, bronze and silver
- Glue remover – For those yucky price tags
- White glue/ wood glue – for repairing ceramic or wood items
- Pen and paper pad
- Artist brushes
- Sand Paper
- Wood stain
- Light bulbs
- Felt squares, double stick squares
- Needle & thread
- Paint sticks – these are great for fill-ins and come in a variety of colors
- Magnifying glass
- Glass cleaner/paper towels
- Furniture polish